Inferno-Co
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion board for the conquer online private server: Inferno-Co

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[BUG] Initializing bug at log-in screen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
~Excise

[BUG] Initializing bug at log-in screen Empty
PostSubject: [BUG] Initializing bug at log-in screen   [BUG] Initializing bug at log-in screen EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello forum,

This is my first post mainly because I ran into an issue with the log-in. I am able to log in fine every first time I log onto the game, but when I close the client or want to boot second client with the current one (running 2 chars), after I put in my details in the log-in menu, the following happens.

Logging into game server -> Initializing... ; and then it gets stuck here for eternity.

It seems that the launcher is skipping a few steps for me even though I already reinstalled multiple times the problem keeps occurring. I'm not sure if this has to do with the client or with my computer missing a file or something in the frameworks (I'm not a programmer myself but I have some little knowledge).

So instead of going Logging into account servers -> Logging into game servers -> Creating Maps -> Creating Characters -> Initializing... ; it only does Logging into game server -> Initializing...; , does anyone else have this problem? If so, is there a fix? Because having to restart my PC or reinstall the client over and over every time I disconnect or leave the game really isn't practical and would make this eventually not worth playing for me. Not because the game is bad or anything, just for practical reasons.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sincerely,

Excise

*EDIT*

This is a summary of how I experienced this bug and hope that this methodical explanation can reveal some light on this occurrence and hopefully it could lead to some insight on how to fix it.

I will try to break my steps down so it will become easier to understand where the problem occurs.

1 - I downloaded and installed the client + patch3 successfully and had the game up and running without problems. I managed to create a ninja and an archer character to lvl 140.

2 - When I finished the archer a system message appeared INGAME noting that the server would be restarted in 3 minutes and everyone should log out to prevent item loss, so I did.

3 - The restart took longer then expected due to a "bug in the guilds" (lack of further info but that's what I picked up), and lasted aproxx. 15-30 mins, I didnt try to log in while the servers were down, I was on TeamSpeak with a friend who was trying to log-in and tell me when the servers were up, note that he doesn't have the same "Initializing..." bug/glitch.

4 - Server were back up and was able to log in both the archer and the ninja just fine when about 15 minutes later another system message appeared INGAME noting that the server would be restarted in 3 minutes and everyone should log out to prevent item loss, so I did.

5 - After the servers were back up my friend was able to log-in just fine, so I tried logging in and everything seemed ok till it got stuck at "Initializing..." in the loading screen. I tried closing the client and restarting it but again it got stuck at initializing.

6 - I went to the website chat to see if other people had the same problem which I found out was indeed so, but no known real fix besides completely deleting all the game files from the HardDrive and to completely re-download the client and the patch and to completely re-install the client with the patch, so I did.

7 - After re-installing the client with the patch I was able to log in again just fine, but when I wanted to log in the ninja together with the archer, 1 account got stuck at initializing. At first I didn't really care because I just wanted it online for mentor BP (for what ever that helps but that's what happened) so I didn't pay much attention to it.

8 - I logged out the archer to log-in on the ninja, again there it got stuck at "Initializing...", so I went back to the website to ask around and I was told to reboot, so I did.

9 - After rebooting my PC and opening up the client I was able to log-in the first account just fine, but again at the second account gets stuck at "Initializing...".

10 - AFTER re-installing / rebooting, the FIRST account log-in ALWAYS works, but when I want to log-in another character, it gets stuck. Also if I log out the first account that logged in just fine before aswell and try to start up a new one, it gets stuck at "Initializing..."

Now since deleting everything, re downloading everything, re-installing everything, or even rebooting your PC every time you log out is highly inefficient and irritating, it seems that there are more people having this issue.
Back to top Go down
BiteMe[GM]
Game Master [GM]
Game Master [GM]
BiteMe[GM]

Male Posts : 16

[BUG] Initializing bug at log-in screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [BUG] Initializing bug at log-in screen   [BUG] Initializing bug at log-in screen EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:04 pm

*PM'ed problem fixes, but is a resolved issue with other players.
Back to top Go down
https://inferno-co.rpg-board.net

[BUG] Initializing bug at log-in screen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inferno-Co :: Misc. :: Topic Archives-
Jump to: